EAL Coordinator – Mrs H Buckoke
Here at Rushden Academy, we provide personalised support for students who have English as an Additional Language (EAL). We deliver inclusive provisions for all levels of English language development. Students will be supported in the following ways:
- Small group lessons in English for pupils who are at the early stage of English Language.
- One to one support if required.
- Supporting pupils at all stages of language development across the curriculum, by working collaboratively with class teachers.
- Working with pupils at examination level to help achieve good grades.
- Supporting pupils in all aspects of school life in order that they may achieve their full potential both academically and socially.
- Acting in a pastoral capacity to deal with any problems and arranging home / school liaison where necessary.
- Arranging external examinations in pupils’ first language.
The GCSE results of our EAL students are improving year on year with them achieving a positive P8 score
- EMAS - online translation tool www.emasuk.com
- Dictionaries in native languages
- Peer support