The science department, through the good teaching of an ambitious curriculum, excellent planning, differentiation and feedback, intend that students at Rushden Academy will:
- Get hands on practical experience that will develop key skills such as team work, problem solving and an awareness of risk and prevention.
- Through being set practical challenges and allowing students to learn through doing, they will develop as sense of curiosity, and the bravery to ask why and not accept what is presented on TV and social media at face value.
- Students will be expected to use data, practical skills and computer skills to research, evaluate and respond to the technological and ecological problems facing future generations.
- Students will be given opportunities to link their knowledge to the various disciplines in science and other subjects in cross curricular learning.
- Opportunities to see how science is used in the “real world” will be offered through STEM links, trips and visits, as well as in lesson content and contexts to raise aspirations.