BTEC TECH AWARD - Child Development
The Award gives learners the opportunity to develop applied knowledge and understanding of child development and growth up to the age of five, how children learn through play and how meeting the needs of individual children will support their development, play and learning.
The Tech award is split into 3 different components:
Component 1- Children’s Growth and Development
Component 2- Learning Through Play
Component 3- Supporting Children to Play Learn and Develop
In a practical learning environment, learners will have the opportunity to develop knowledge and technical skills in the following areas:
- The characteristics of children’s development from birth up to five years
- Factors that affect growth and development
- The importance of play
- How play promotes children’s learning and development
- Reasons why children may need support
- Child-friendly environments to support play, learning and development in children
- Supporting all children to learn and develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially, and adapting activities to support children’s play, learning and development.
Component One and Two are both assessed Internally through the completion of coursework which is then externally moderated. Component Three is assessed through a written examination that is externally marked by the exam board (Pearson).