Thursday 31st December 2020
First, we wish you a Happy New Year and sincerely hope that it is a better one ahead! As you may be aware, we received Government guidance yesterday for pupils returning to school in January, we have included some of the key points to help you.
External exams next week
- These will go ahead exactly as planned, Mrs Chambers will be contacting those pupils in year 10,11,12 and year 13 who are expecting exams to provide further information.
Monday 4th January Staff Training Day
Tuesday 5th January
- Only pupils of critical workers and vulnerable pupils will be in school from Tuesday, Mrs Smith and the team will contact our vulnerable pupils on Monday 4th, but if you are classed as a key worker please can you inform the Head of Year and inform us about who will be attending. You will also be emailed a consent letter and further information so that we can Covid19 test.
- If you are in receipt of free school meals, we will provide more details on this in due course.
- Pupils in all year groups will be provided with remote learning in Google Classroom.
- Letters of consent and further information will be emailed to seek your consent to schools carrying out Covid19 tests on pupils.
Monday 11th January
- Year 11 & 13 will return to school
- Pupils in all year groups will be invited to virtual live lessons as per timetable or they will receive work in Google Classroom.
- Letters of consent and further information will be emailed to seek your consent to the school carrying out Covid19 tests on pupils of y7, 8, 9, 10 & 12, they may be invited in prior to starting back in school on Monday 18th January to have a test.
Monday 18th January
The intention is for all pupils to return to school
Finally, please do not send your children to school if they are ill, it is crucial that we look after our community, instead inform the school as normal. Can you also please ensure that your contact details are up to date, swift communication is of high importance in this current climate.
Mrs J Burton